I'd just finished carving my first Halloween pumpkin in years, and I was really excited to light it up. But I had no tea lights, so I used the big red candle that the former occupant of my apartment had left behind. The Pumpkin was sitting on the side table behind me (hat off), I was absorbed by my work, and the candle burned all the way down, spilling its guts in a mighty flow of molten wax. Also setting fire to the inside of the pumpkin, which in turn set off the fire alarm. At 6:00 in the morning (I was finishing an all-nighter of plasmid genomics analyses, if that means anything to anyone), waking up my poor landlords downstairs (oops).
But hey, no regrets, the result is just too cool ;-)